Friday, November 18, 2005

Literature in daily life:
An instance of dramatic irony

Dad: *muttering* All these local 'fast food' outlets...sold their souls to Western consumerism...exchanged tradition for the lightweight and superficial...*muttermutter*
seconds later when we drive by Shell
Dad: *enthusiastically* Junkfood, anyone?

Bathos if I ever saw one!

On the subject, I feel my whole life has been a continuous bathos. But oh well. Shall not start about that here.

Anyway, on an extremely positive note - I've survived a week of exams!!!! Well almost a week. Its friday and I have a pract crit paper in a while hence the above pract crit-ish analysis.

Antithesis for comic effect
A friend: *lamenting about exams* Sigh...you are apathetic and I am just pathetic.

But it is true that I have become rather indifferent lately. Maybe studying and the subsequent mental repetitive syndrome actually desensitizes you. I think it is also because of the implicit understanding that regardless how disappointingly I do (cross fingers), at least I'll have 3 months of fun before I have to deal with it :P

Its also quite hard to comprehend that I may actually never have to encounter economics, geography or history again, at least in an academic sense. My notes are still lying around the house. It seems surreal that the happy moment of farewell has come for me and my highlighted, re-edited (after successive mugging periods), cut and paste notes. But something's stopping me from getting rid of them. Partly because I've grown kind of sentimental. And partly because of the environmentalist in me who will be scandalized by the sheer waste of throwing all that paper into the trash. However I'm beginning to recycle some of them but using the blank sides to doodle and jot down holiday wishlists. That's a start.

On a sidenote, the exam papers were rather unsual this year. GP and econs had a distinctly Singaporean-centric slant. I wonder. Human geog was just kinda strange. BUT ITS OVER! And that's what matters!!

Anyway off to read some pract crit notes. See you!

|