Monday, July 04, 2005

The NLs have been newly painted and now there's a strange smell which won't go away! Mel thinks we should put sliced raw onions in there to absorb the smell.

Any tips apart from using air fresheners and onions?

Reminds me of the NLs we had in secondary sch. I think our class held the dubious distinction of having the dirtiest and messiest NL classroom. Not helped by the fact that everyone snuck in food through the backdoor, including the beefy burgers and mini pizzas. And our poor chinese teacher kept wondering where the smell came from. But then again, she ate her packed chicken rice in our classroom too during remedials.

On reflection, I think Anjali and I single-handedly made it the messiest classroom. In our little corner we built an empire out of textbooks, misc files, abandoned notes and returned assignments around our desks. My A-math textbook remained on the floor for several weeks after I'd dropped the subject until it finally disappeared one day.
Or maybe it just got stolen. But who would want to steal a Math textbook??!

|