Thursday, March 25, 2004

This whole week has more or less fallen into boring routine. I go for lectures in the Sports Com in morning and promptly fall into a deep stupor all the way till 9.10 after which I wake up, rush back to the main school building, up to the drama studio, grab the drama board, poster and table cloth, (and if Melissa/some other kind soul isn't around), kick open the door, rush back down to the canteen trying to avoid decapitating anyone with the easel, find a free table in the canteen, set up the booth, haphazardly throw the cloth over the table and start frantically looking around for tickets/forms as the crowd starts to mill in. *whoosh*

Yep! I'll definitely feel some measure of relief after April 4.

Some thank you's due to certain people.

Been making calls to promote the play for most of this week. Thanks so so much to Mummy Melissa for being such a dear helping me to call up schools though she didn't even have to :D And of course to the people who showed up for ticket duty...thanks! Really appreciate your effort...and Su Yun I admire your drive... :D:D And there's Jithra, thanks for accompanying me at the drama booth when everyone was away selling in the void deck - and I owe you for that sandwich too! And of course I'm really glad you helped bug Malini for me ;)

RGS clerks seem pretty nasty. No one dares call RG back now :\ Someone needs a smile. Or maybe the office just seriously lacks good ventilation.

Recent experience has led me to conclude that, for some strange reason, my teeth have suddenly become an indicator of my health; Aching teeth signal the possible onset of a flu. My molars are starting to hurt already. Uh oh. I think I just caught Ian's bug.

Bad week! >.<

And I really want to know what it is my econs lecturer is smoking. She is seriously so high during lectures nowadays! She was telling us about Exceptional Supply today - giving the example like how despite changes in price might occur, the quantity of say, antiques or the Mona Lisa, will never change. Then she continued in what I assumed was meant to be an ultra spooky/creepy voice: "because the dead can never come back to paint again....*meaningful look*" And me, Michelle and Melissa just stared at each other for a while and started laughing at how ridiculous that sounded. But I admit it does make lesson slightly more lively/entertaining.

We backtracked to Demand this week supposedly for the benefit of 2nd intake - which is ironic because most of the other JCs had already gone up to elasticity while we were starting on Demand and Supply for the first time last term - and are currently languishing somewhere in Supply. Econs is boring. She is rather boring too when she's not making references to dead French painters. I spend lessons trying to place her interesting accent and constantly telling Melissa aout how weird teachers can be.

May have to go back for Model United Nations on saturday. Apparently we're supposed to train our juniors for the RJC Model UN this year which I think is quite silly because I never really learnt enough during my 2 yrs in RMUN to impart anything of use to them except perhaps how to ditch the stockings - which will always run no matter how careful you are - and get away with it during the conference. (Courtesy of Anjali)

Guy Moderator: ...Why are you not wearing any stockings?
*model response* ...Why are you staring at my legs arh??

Yea. It never fails.

And Matt's still nagging me about how I didn't wear my tie last year during the conference! Matt- get over it! You looked nice with the gell anyway! :P

|