Saturday, February 04, 2006

As with the business world and Reincarnation, my moods go through cyclical fluctuations. So with the euphoric highs reaching a new peak in the last entry, I have hit the inevitable trough and am sobering up. I still do lust after the M.A.C Disney lip tints though, don't get me wrong.

After a terrifically monotonous day at work, I made a beeline for the nearest CD shop this week and bought myself some perky music with the intention of livening up my otherwise drab office hours. I bought the Dashing Diva compilation of 30 Disco hits, Girls Night Out. Nice! Haha I played it full blast on Saturday morning - fun! While I prefer the more contemporary covers of I'm Every Woman, Take Me Home and the like, the original Disco hits are still funky. I like dancey, upbeat music. Though some people think I have poor music taste because I've got Britney on my mp3 player :p To each his own I guess. I personally have no patience for slow songs and that James Blunt song where he keeps yelping about some Beautiful woman. Yea sure its nice, romantic and what not...but it gets boring after a while. And in any case I don't usually listen to music to relax because silence does that for me. Music is more like my caffeine; It has to be kicky, fast paced and packed with a Zing :D

I wish I'd been born in the '70s or something. Music seemed more...vibrant. Hah. I love Le Freak by Chic!

That said, some notable mentions.


Image hosting by Photobucket


I have nothing against Deborah Harry of Blondie. In fact I think she was really pretty when she was young. She's still pretty in fact. But I have to say I hated the original version of Rapture on my CD. I have listened to it and I have tried to like it as much as I have tried to find some redeeming quality in Janis Joplin's rendition of Summertime (why my father adores her!) but No. Deborah Harry sounded totally spaced out and occasionally out of synch with the music. Janis Joplin just sounded. Well. Like a cross between catfight and werewolf. I understand that her very distinctive rasping voice was what endeared her to fans but its not exactly doing wonders for my ears. And they both sounded High on drugs or alcohol...which maybe they were. I mean seriously, the Paris Hilton version of Rapture which I downloaded months ago by accident sounded better, and that's kind of saying a lot. At least I could kind of make out her diction (which again says a lot) and she sang more in time with the music.

Blondie, blondie, blondie! I suppose there's a time and place for everything including being high and wasted, but that time and place is probably 5.59am, over your toilet bowl, not on Track 2 of Dashing Diva's Girls' Night Out CD Two!

Oh yea and interestingly enough, the song Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen sounds suspiciously like the Men In Black (I) theme song! In fact the tune is almost identical! Seriously. @_@

However, am still on the lookout for this particular Disco song...I have no idea who the artiste or what the name of the song is which I suppose will make things a tad tricky. Hm. I heard it while standing right next to DXO on Wednesday night when they were playing all those retro songs. That guy has a crazy falsetto but OMG its like pure heavenly disco. I must find it!

|