Friday, June 01, 2007

At Zouk on the Eve of Vesak Day

First of all, a very Happy Birthday Brandon! :)

There was a phenomenal queue outside Zouk yesterday. Apart from the 1-hour wait, I was very upset to learn that I would actually have to pay a cover charge on a Wednesday night.

Brandon: *breaking the news* There's no free entry for ladies on the eve of public holidays!
Me: What?! ... ...Will I get free entry if I'm Buddhist then?

To make matters worse, I didn't draw money from the ATM earlier that day. As a result, I had to dip into my emergency CNY hongbao stash before leaving home, stuffing my wallet with tons of $2 bills. So when it came to paying the cover charge, I just completely unloaded a whole lot of small notes at a very nonplussed member of the Zouk staff. As I said to Brandon, it never hurts to have small change (hehe).

Staff: That'll be $25
Me: *fumbling with wallet* Ok give me a minute...*starts to meticulously count $2 bills*
Staff: *stares*
Me: um I think that should be right *pushes a whole wad of bills over*
Staff: *stares* ... ... You've given me $2 extra.

Anyway Zouk was fun, although I feel they should think about expanding the female toilets. (major bottlenecks!) It is the first law of physics that a woman spends at least 2 mins longer in the loo than a man. With just 2 cubicles in the female toilet, I doubt Zouk has grasped that just yet. For this reason alone, I love MOS and I take my hat off to them - those toilets are in a league of their own! Big, spacious, clean, pretty....*happy sigh*

On another note, Suma and I have agreed that we need to hit Gotham and St James soon. And drag Maria along with us, kicking and screaming haha. But until then, need to catch up on sleep and start saving - I can't afford to survive on my (dwindling) CNY emergency stash any longer!

|