Saturday, June 02, 2007

Gwen: *moaning* I don't even know what I did to it to deserve this...maybe its because I've been neglecting it for a while, but even still why is this happening to me?? Why is this creature tormenting me so...I hate it Jeanne. I hate it.

She was talking about her Fujitsu laptop which keeps hanging. I so feel your pain Gwen.

I watched Pirates 3 yesterday with Ian! I haven't done much with my brother in a long time, so I was quite glad for the ah, quality sibling time together. As is always, we have great fun gawping at the pre-feature trailers. In particular, we both laughed our asses at the Gatsby trailers for their new hair product, 'Moving Rubber':



Although this does not beat the 'Happy if you know it' ad, I think the effete dancing and the guy's accompanying expressions are just hilarious!

On a sidenote, am I the only one who thought'Moving Rubber' was a funky condom initially?

In any case, I thought Pirates 3 was much better than Pirates 2 - which I absolutely hated and nearly died watching. However, this still fell short of the original Pirates in my opinion. POTC - You are not Lord of the Rings! Why are you 3 hours long? There is nothing wrong with a long movie per se, but something is wrong when I fidget in my seat and keep checking my handphone for the time.

Random observations:

1. Keira Knightley has one permanent expression which I would describe as 'constipated-indignant' coupled with over-enunciation. I got very irritated with her persistant testosterone-high / war mongering in the movie. Is this some serious overcompensation for the fact that Elizabeth Swan is the only female character who's human and not a prostitute? She sounds like a crazed feminist.

2. 'Singapore' is inhabited by Vietnamese boat people, Japanese steam baths, stilt houses, Fu Manchu and extras from Tang Dynasty!

3. (erh. Spoiler?) Calypso's a really big girl. I just wish she didn't disintegrate so quickly into....crabs(or whatever the hell that was) and disappeared into the ocean all within like 45 seconds. Talk about anticlimax.

4. Halfway through the movie, I realized I should've watched Shrek 3.

Anyway, will be going to Italy for the next two weeks! Am excited...I want squid ink pasta! Shall have to go pack soon though. Sigh.

Bye world! :D

|