Thursday, July 24, 2003

Gwen threw sugar peanuts all over Sylvia and she started to scream horribly.
Then when she recovered she picked the peanuts off the floor and ate them :|
Then she screamed again when she saw a butterfly at the new Performing Arts Theatre.

[Pea, you're really strange sometimes]

I wonder what they're going to call the theatrette. We had a competition a few months back to decide on a name for it [Dorai forced the whole class to take part]. I think a few people suggested "Black Box" but its bloody yellow and green [school colours!] so maybe that won't work...

...Or we could always go with Yuehao's suggestion - "Chingay".

Dorai: "I am so impressed by your originality..."

Our science labs have reopened!

[.....pst. I don't think the wait was worth it >.<]

The labs have just been painted yellow and green [school colours!] And we have new tables which are white, which is bad because when the Potassium Permanganate spills, it leaves brown stains.
Did our 8th/9th titration. Got Sulphuric acid all over my hands because Pea's dropper was leaking. *Itch* Broke a burette while washing it.

I think we're in trouble.

Gwen's brother: "...What?! When I was in Sec 4, I'd done twenty titrations already!!"

Argh. I want my own lab. Then I'd invite Rosemary over. She claims she's only ever done one titration...and that was for midyears. :/

Clarissa and Priya both think I look like a hamster!! *hmpf*

Speech day rehearsals today. Not as boring as I thought. How come so many of our seniors got 8 points and below??!! *gulp* This is pressure.

Had to sing the schoolsong during the rehearsal. Mrs Lee warned us that unless we sang louder, she'd make us go on stage and do a solo. Then she started prowling down the aisles while we sang, so everyone started shouting out the lyrics whenever she got within 5 meters of them. Hah. We never sing this loud during assemblies, with the exception of one or two though.

Had a briefing on "audience etiquette".

ALP: "When the girls go up to receive their prizes...I want no whistling, no catcalling, no screaming...because it is unbecoming. You are all ladies. Not ah lians."

[Prize giving takes up a full 45 minutes!]

Apparently, there is an appropriate volume for hand-clapping as well.

ALP: ...I don't hear you clapping!
Us: *clap clap clap*
ALP: Clap louder!
Us: *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

The Speech Day programme is full of predictability. Every year the same thing happens. The band always plays the school song. There's always a powerpoint presentation with a cheesy background. The Valedictorian gives a 3 minute speech and always ends with a line from the school song [usually its "the day when we must part, may Crescent remain in our hearts!! =)"]. Evelyn Norris always comes to present the "Evelyn Norris award" to the Valedictorian from her seat because I don't think she can walk up to the stage [I still can't believe she's alive]. Then she always gets a painting [which always seems to be done by some sec 2 girl] as a "token of appreciation". I bet she's got a whole storeroom full of paintings now. Wonder if she atually hangs them up. *hmm*

And of course the sec 4s always have to keep the chairs at the end of the programme, see if they don't.

I'm just staying for the Dance performance.

Had tuition 2 night ago. He's becoming a nightmare.

Tutor: ...You know, your Maths seems to be getting...worse.
Me: Oh. Maybe its because I haven't practiced.
Tutor: Its not a matter of practice. You can't even do a simple sum like this. Are you using your brain?
Me: ...
Tutor: Are you using your brain?
Me: .... *plays with calculator*
Tutor: Oi. Are you using your brain? ...Are you -
Me: TSK HAIYA *slams calculator on table*
Tutor: *gape*
Me: *stares back* WHAAAT?!
Tutor: Why so angry??

....

My brain is telling me to Kill. And its not because I've done too much trigonometry.
Hate me for saying this Anjali, but I prefer Mrs Kao. Like, a whole lot more.

I saw him today. To tell the truth I feel quite sorry for the guy. Oh well. He likes doing it I guess. But its still pitiful. *shrugs*

...Pea and Priya have been newly christened "Piglet" and "Eeyore" respectively. Henceforth I shall be known as "Christopher Robin".

What exactly is a Pooh?

...I don't know why we do this sort of this during Chem mass lecture. Too bored I guess.

|