Sunday, April 11, 2004

My family and David (who was church visiting) wanted to watch Passion of the Christ after mass but I made the mistake of showing my face while we were purchasing the tickets. So we spent good Friday arguing with the Guy behind the counter at the cinema over my age.

Guy behind the counter: ....Is she 18?
Dad: *loudly* Yes of course she is! Isn't she? *looks around for support*
Guy: She doesn't look 18.
Dad: *louder still* Oh no but she is!
Guy: No she's not.
Dad: Tsk....Haiya, don't be like that la.

Did not get tickets for Passion in the end. >.<

So we underaged people went for Hellboy instead despite halfhearted protests from Ian that the title was inappropriate given the occasion. Killed the time we had before the movie by shopping for Easter Eggs with David at Cold Storage (for the cast and crew for Midsummer's) and watching Ian deliberately take 40 minutes to eat a small slice of chocolate cake (reasoning: "If everyone ate slowly the world would be a more peaceful place!"). Mmm.... :/ He still refuses to accept the fact that my mum thew away the orchids. Ian! (I know you read this) - Flowers die sometime.

Managed to finish Red Badge of Courage while sticking henna tattoos on myself at the Red Cross fair on Saturday. Its 158 pages about 2 days in the life of a loser who wants to be a war hero but gets hit over the head with a rifle instead. Never thought I'd say this but I prefer Edmund Hooper from King of the Castle even though he's such a sadist! Literature is strange.


The scholarship interview is slated for the Monday 2 weeks from now. Not sure what my answer will be if they ask stuff like why I deserve the scholarship or who my favourite author is. And don't think I will have time to prepare any halfway decent answers either! Was watching the Q&A section of the Miss Singapore Universe finals a couple of days ago; hah hopefully won't be faced with a similar scenario on Monday. The only good thing I suppose, is that I get to leave school early for it :D (!!) I find that I'm beginning to live for blue slips, recesses and public holidays. That can't be good though, I suppose, but oh well.

And in the end when all else fails there's Cable! Off to watch the Simpsons now. Ah. What would I do without it. Great altar of passive entertainment.

|