Saturday, November 22, 2003

My mum did some spring cleaning today. She got to my room and pulled out the box in which I throw all my school books in and went though every single item in it.

Mum: *holds out Mastering Unseen Prose* Do you still want this book? ....Hey! All the pages are falling out! The binding is lousy! *pages 81 - 90 fall onto her lap*
Me: Yea just throw it away.
Mum: *holds out Mastering Unseen Poetry* Hey but the pages aren't falling out of this one!
Me: Ah. Because I never opened it.

Strongly tempted to fling my science textbooks into the bin but my mum thinks my Bio book could be given away to "needy children". Chem stays because I might be giving tuition to juniors. I wonder which will be harder to comprehend: The crazily highlighted pages of my Bio book with random scribbles and doodles beside the text, or me explaining the collision theory with relation to temperature and pressure. Hmm.

My mum also unearthed Yuehao's "FEAR ME" sign in the box and was about to junk it if not for me waving my arms around in violent protest (I was eating). Its the only thing left to remind us of our short but memorable stint as directors-scriptwriters-cum-actors during last year's video journalism course - it was fun! Gwen, Yuehao, Yueyou and I did a 10-minute short film to impart the importance of cleanliness and hygeine. Well. That was what we said when the course instructor asked us what message our film was trying to convey. We did this blair witch like flick about a group of students who wreck havoc in the school toilets (shot entirely in the sec 1 washrooms) and as a result, face the wrath of the ghost of a dead school toilet cleaner. The climax is when the cleaner (Wushan) "glides" out from the shower, plastered in toilet paper and dragging a mop to the opening of Linkin Park's In the End. That follows with us screaming in fear (though they managed to cleverly mask my obvious grinning by blurring the images during editing) and seeking refuge in another cubicle as the toilets start flushing spontaneously around us. In the end we run out to a miraculously clean toilet and there's a closeup onto the toilet cleaner's final message pinned up on the wall, written in red ink - "FEAR ME". Yuehao was kind enough to duplicate the infamous "FEAR ME" sign for me after our first one was dumped unceremoniously in the trash.

Still think it was quite a decent film. Yuehao was considering sending it in for some amateur film contest, but then we realized we would have to strip it of the entirely Linkin Park soundtrack to avoid infringing copyright laws and instead replace it with "original" music. So lost interest and never did submit it. I think the video clip is still languishing in one of the computers in the lab unless they replaced all the iMacs with new ones. Quite a pity.

I think if I screw my O's I'll go to NP and do film studies or something. I don't mind running around with a camera as long as I don't have to act in my own movie.

Went out to Suntec again today. Wanted to return to my poster shop but it was closed - as usual. What does that guy get up to?? There's money waiting to be made for the sale of FFX posters to me!! *sulk*

And Matt thinks I'm sick because I made 2 toy snakes in Borders french kiss. They had forked tongues! C'mon!

Bought Adrian Mole , The Cappuccino Years ("Its a little bit of coffee and a bloody lot of froth") Haha, yea for Moley!

|