Friday, October 31, 2003

Insomia is bad. I tried to sleep early the night before Chem pract so I went to bed at the somewhat ridiculous time of 9.30. But I think I only actually fell asleep at midnight after tossing and turning and walking around the room. Sheesh. Should've just stayed up to watch all the Jap/Korean flicks on TV that night. I missed Files of the Young Kindaichi! :( Even my mum stayed up to watch (or was it Whispering Corridor?) even though she can't really differentiate between all the actors because they have the same haircuts and similar-sounding names. Grr.

So woke up groggy again for Chem Pract. Fortunately I only had to be there around 11 so there was time to wake myself up. Stayed in the hall for about 45 minutes before the exam and tried to put up with Mr Samat who's like, really off his rocker now. Think he might've rubbed off Sylvia who was kinda acting a little like a drunkard that morning :P

Sylvia: *in the toilet to anyone who will listen* Ey...for our prom right...we gotta have booze! We gotta sneak into a pub...and get BOOZE!

Sylvia: *back in the hall to Anjali* I'm telling you...nothing's fun without booze! We gotta have booze man!
Anjali: *yelling* You need a brain man!

So continued arguing about beer with Sylvia. Then Ann started talking about this cocktail party she had to go to that night to meet all her future classmates in Australia.

Ann: HOW DO YOU SOCIALIZE??!! *groan, moan*

Followed up by a gruesome conversation involving crayons, colour pencils, welts, dehydrating skin, and lots of squeezing and bursting. Of all things to talk about beofre a chem pract.

Well. Glad the actual pract wasn't like Prelim Pract which was something of a disaster. Was helped out by a bit of luck; suddenly felt like sniffing the filter paper just before I threw it away during QA and caught a whiff of ammonia so tested for that immediately. Then later caught sight of a delivery tube during VA and guessed correctly that Carbon dioxide was going to come out.

The stupid powder refused to dissolve though...so had to do a bit of guesswork during identification. And I think I threw away the design experiment. 4 marks. Gave some garbled nonsense about calculating the Mr of this and that. Argh.

Titration. Arms ached. Hands ached. Kept swirling the stupid mixture. Hoping I wouldn't run out of the sample. And if what Amanda says is true (that ESeah's value was 25.4), then my "rough" titration value (release clip. squirt. stop only when it looks a little bit orangey. record.) was the most accurate of all the titrations I did. Geez. Ah well, averaged it out to 25.35 in the end so should be around there. Then freaked out when comparing values with people from other schools until I realized that the concentrations might've been different else where. *ahh...*

My brother has gone away to a chalet for 3 days!!

I have no mood to study!

This is very bad!!

>.<

Hm. Suddenly feel like watching Animatrix.

|