Friday, November 21, 2003

Ah. I've learnt that I should never strike a deal with my brother.

I lent out his Thief CD to Elaine 2 weeks ago to burn and he insisted I get it back on Wednesday (the day of the history exam) though I really can't see what's the rush because he hasn't played with that game in about a year. But he was so serious about it that he actually drafted out a contract for me to sign. (???!!!!) Stuff about how I had to get it back by Wednesday or I would "suffer the terrible consequences"...didnt really read it properly because I was watching TV and also because his handwriting, like mine, isn't that great. Signed it because I wanted to watch Holland v in peace and also because I didn't really think much of the "terrible consequences". It was only after I signed it that I noticed that he had squeezed in stuff in the margins and at the back of the paper in extremely small print. Things like "By signing this you are agreeing to play 6 co-op missions with me on my LOTR PS game (and you cannot be Legolas)" and more importantly "If you don't get back the CD by the 19th of November, you will be banned from the computer for a week". Little sneak. He doesn't care about the game he just wants to milk it for all its worth. And I guess I should've made an effort to decipher his handwriting better but I thought he'd forget about the contract by Wednesday anyway.

And obviously I was wrong: he didn't forget. Which just quashes my mum's perceptions that my brother has a "bad memory".

So I forgot to ask Elaine back for the CD that day. Somehow when you're trying to do some last minute cramming of the events of the Cultural Revolution, other things on your mind tend to just .... disappear.

[And the most irritating thing is that...China didn't even come out for the exam. Sheesh. And neither did Hitler and the Nazis! Feel cheated. But. Anyway.]

*while out shopping after History exam*

Me: *phone starts to ring* Hello?
Ian: ...Did you get it back?
Me: *trying to avoid the question* Ahhh...eh....hm...oh hey, is this Ian by the way?
Ian: *ignoring me* Did you get the CD back.
Me: Is Mum at home?
Ian: Did you?
Me: Well....no I forgot to ask Elaine
Ian: *furious* WHAAAAT...
Me: *a sudden stroke of brilliance* Eh, sorry but my phone low batt now arh...byeee!!

He called me 2 times after that during dinner to pester me somemore. Went as far as to give him my Tidus poster as a peace offering when I got home.

Ian: *evil look* Tidus sucks. Why didn't you get Auron instead? *turns back to watch Holland V*

.....

And I realized last night he was serious about enforcing the computer ban after he started singing 'Lalalala' at the top of his lungs everytime I asked him whether I could check my email. But unfortunately for him the computer is still in my room so I can just lock the door when using it while he screams outside about blood traitors. But I didn't count on him to use his mysterious influence to get my parents on his side so both of them actually came and gave me 2 seperate lectures last night on "upholding my promises" which was quite ineffective because of two things: one, I have never upheld any promises when it comes to my brother because he doesn't uphold any himself. and two, I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening....

But I guess I have to go call Elaine just to pacify my brother who has started to lurk around the living room giving me extremely sour looks. Sheesh.

And am still quite pissed over Sentosa yesterday. I still don't understand how I could've gone there with 50 bucks and come back with just 2. Cinemania was a ripoff. $12.50 for just 10 minutes of being thrown around in this Pod!

The beach was pretty fun...until the jet skiers came and started showing off.

*while wading in the sea*
Ann: *bellowing* Why didn't we bring our swimming costumes!!
Me: You brought a change of clothes didn't you? So just go and swim la.
Gwen: *wondering* Should I go and get wet?
Ann: *bellowing* I didn't bring extra underwear!
Pea: *big grin* Yea think of all the microorganisms in the sea....heehee *wanders off to 7-11*
Ann: *bellowing* Why didn't we bring swimming costumes?!!
*jet skiers draw closer*
Me: *starts to move out of their way* Just do it Sarah!
Gwen: *to herself* Should I get wet..
Ann: *bellowing* But I didn't bring any extra under-
*HUGE spray of water hits us as the jet skiiers suddenly swerve*
All: AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Ann: *dripping with water and bellowing* WHY DIDN'T I BRING SWIMMING COSTUME???

Pea and Anjali later found the 3 of us soaking in the water.

Pea: Hey! We saw a huge spray just now!
Me: ....Don't ask.
Pea: *grinning* Eh Ann, seen any microorganisms?
*another HUGE spray of water*
All: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

|