Tuesday, December 09, 2003

THE LEONG had lunch with us.

THE LEONG is actually in our house right now eating our Crasins!

Thought I would never see her again after we moved but apparently not. Met her 2 years ago when she called up my mum and hyperventilated over the phone because she "suspected" she had cancer. And after that everyone started treating her to free lunches including my mum and Aunt Pauline - old neighbours after all. And we were dragged along for the lunch too where we witnessed her eating her way to heart failure - saturated fat after saturated fat! And she was supposed to be ill.

And in the end it turned out she never had cancer!
(And my mum did!)

And then The Leong mysteriously disappeared for 2 years! (No phonecall? No Xmas card? No free lunch?)

...Only to resurface again today. For lunch at Swesons. Which Mum and Aunt Pauline paid for.

She seems to have an unusual fixation with other people's weight this year. I don't know what her problem is. She's a 45 year old tai tai, weighs 47kg, can fit into tiny halter tops and wonders why everyone else can't like, go for line dancing classes all day and get slim like her too. And she expresses it very...tactlessly.

Ian: *in the car* You know, once in my report book they listed me as weighing 68kg? That's 8kg more than I actually weigh!
THE LEONG: WAH! So heavy arh!
Ian: No I told you, they made a mistake. I weigh 8kg less.
THE LEONG: *relentless* YAR...but 60kg is still fat you know. You better watch your weight!
Ian: ...60kg is within the acceptable range for my height you know.
THE LEONG: But for your age? 60kg is SO heavy!!! *titters*
Ian: *turns slowly around to glare at her*
- One of the wheels suddenly go flat -
Joelle: *jokingly* Haha mum you're so fat that the tire burst!
THE LEONG: What's your weight?
Aunt Pauline: Hm? Oh 52.
THE LEONG: Oh. That's heavy. *quickly adds* I'm 47kg.

Then she started asking about our heights. What morbid satisfaction does she derive from this anyway? And she didn't believe Joelle at all.

The Leong: You're that tall?? *titters* Can't be! My daughter is around your height but she looks so much taller!
Joelle: I really am!
The Leong: *titters* You must've made a mistake la! See, Jeanne is around your height already (and Jeanne was so much smaller as a child!) so you can't be that tall la!
Me: I'm wearing heels today.
The Leong: *completely ignoring me* You must've made a mistake la!
Joelle: *very pissed* What's your problem!?

I think Ian got pretty cheesed off too over the 60kg discussion. We reached home and he went digging for his health booklet and started waving it around at the dining table where the adults were to prove he was not fat. But Leong ignored him and started asking why our lights were so "yellow". ....

Am disgusted.

Oh a brighter note, finally managed to take a quite decent picture with Joelle just before my digi cam conked out again - need to stock up on more AA batteries. Joelle started going through some of the past issues of our primary school newsletter which I have stashed away in my closet while I started downloading music from this new program which Ali's son introduced to us while fixing up our new compuer with broadband - its called Diet-K and it looks a lot like Kazaa but at least it doesn't look illegal yet. Heehee.

I'm addicted to that Britney song!

|