Monday, October 18, 2004

My dad just got totally ripped off yesterday at some Chinese restaruant. We went there to celebrate (prematurely) my mum's birthday and the waitress was really insistent that we order fruit juice - and with good reason as we later found out. So anyway we gave in and ordered 3 glasses of apple juice eventually. I did something stupid when I mixed up the layer of pulp floating ontop, so all the juice got oxidated and turned into this really murky shade of brown. Ian saw this and started laughing and sipping his lime juice with a very superior look on his face before he choked because he forgot to pour in the syrup. But anyway, got the bill later and my dad stares at it and hisses at me: "OMG! Thirty three dollars for apple juice???!!!!!! Think of all the apples I could've bought with that money!" following which he refused to look at the bill anymore. I think he tried to console himself by reminding us that people shouldn't be cheapskate when they eat in Chinese restaurants. Don't think he sounded very convincing much less convinced though.

Mum got a new car for her bday. We've been meaning to scrape our old one for years; It kept breaking down in the middle of the road. This new one's really noisy though. It makes all sorts of different funny sounds when you i) go into reverse. ii) unlock it. iii) try and steal it. This does come in useful sometimes though. Couldn't find the car after we were done shopping so my dad whipped out that little electronic thing you can use to unlock the car from a distance away and kept pressing the 'unlock' button while walking around the carpark.

Dad: Baby where are youuuu?? *press*
Car: *loud honking somewhere*
Dad: Baabbbeeeeeee *walks toward sound*
Car: *more honking*
Dad: *singing* Baaa-bbbeeeeeee....I hear yo-ouuuu!!!
Car: *responds with another loud honk*
Dad: *finds the car* Baby!!!! Oh you smart boy...

Then he kinda hugged the car. Hmm.

I feel like just staying at home and not bothering about school anymore. PW. Chinese. Its all a huge DRAG. Do I sound whiny and immature? I don't really care though. I've worked hard this whole freaking year and I don't want to anymore. Just let me fail chinese (well) in peace. Let PW be over with. Let someone else do it. Why do I care so much? I shouldn't!

Now I just wish I could let go of my conscience.

|