Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I got ripped off again. At a sushi place. As Anjali put it so well on her blog, I paid $5 for 'two pieces of prawn'.
-_-
It was partly my fault because I just grabbed the first dish which looked nice off the conveyor belt - but you wouldn't think 2 pieces of prawn would cost 5 bucks now would you??. Then after I had scoffed down everything, I searched for the pricing - which we finally found at the back of the menu - and that was when I started hyperventilating all over Gwen and Anjali.

I'm either cursed or just incapable of looking for the price lists.

Must learn from self confessed cheapo Gwen, who, apart from ordering a bowl of rice which had practically everything in it (including PRAWNS) for the low, low, low price of $6, she just ate ginger slices from the bottle which they always have at the tables of every Japanese restaurant.

Gwen: *eating ginger staright from the bottle* Ginger's good for you, you know.
Me: *just stares*
Gwen: Once I finished an entire bottle of ginger in a Jap restaurant and had to ask them for a refill. The best part is you don't pay for it -
Me: Arrrgh GWEN....

Was supposed to watch The Grudge with Guangzhao today...but he had to work till 4 so decided to go another day instead. I dunno if I still wanna watch it because apparently it scared Ian real bad and he's not usually one to be scared. And me on the other hand -

[while watching a pirated VCD of The Eye in broad daylight and after Ian's described all the scary bits to me in great detail]

Me: *cowering behind the cushions* Is it the scary part yet??
Ian: No.
Me: *hysterical* Then why is there freaky music??
Ian: No.
Me: There is!
Ian: No.
Me: *covers eyes*
Ian: *annoyed* Look. I told you the only scary parts are in the hospital corridor, in a caligraphy class and in a lift.
Me: *from behind my fingers* There can't only be 3 scary parts in a horror show.
Ian: I mean, really scary parts. Unless you just consider a glimpse of a ghost standing on a highway scary. *looks at me* Sheesh. Fine. 4 then.
Me: And anyway she's in the hospital now! You just said a scary scene takes place here!
Ian: In the corridor. Shes only in her room now.
Me: *not listening* Is that doctor a ghost?
Ian: No.
Me: Is that little girl a ghost?
Ian: No.
Me: Well someone's gotta be a ghost right? That's always the case.
Ian: Ok fine but the little girl only becomes a ghost later. Oh...hey scary part coming up in about 2 minutes.
Me: Whaaaaaatttt....*grabs more cushions*
Ian: Its not even really scary you know, its just....loud. And a bit shocking. And no one dies.
Me: *squeaks* Turn down the volume!
Ian: Why? I already warned you so it shouldn't be scary at all.
Me: *insistent squeak*
Ian: *explodes* Oh fine. *mutes the TV* And I'm trying to train your mind, you know? How are you going to watch The Ring on HBO with me like this? We're going to borrow all three Ju On movies next time we go to the shop and I'm going to force you to watch.

I already warned GZ that I would probably die in the theatre while watching the Grudge, if its as scary as my brother says it is.

What a boring day. Its raining again as usual. Going off to play Warcraft with my brother. Toodles.

|