Thursday, July 31, 2003

Mediacorp artistes Tay Ping Hui, Joey Swee, Nick Shen and Shawn Ong came down to school together for Sing Singapore. I think the point was to encourage us to sing more community songs and in the process develop "rootedness" to the country...whatever. In the end about only 4 people actually sang (Them, because they were paid to do it anyway). We just sat there, screamed a lot and took pictures.

*altogether now...*
AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*star struck*

About half the sec 4s left class early to oogle at stars before the concert even started proper [Chinese is more or less a free period now anyway]. Amanda and I got Mrs Aw to get Tay Ping Hui's autograph just before the performance started. I don't know why. I'm not even really a fan.

He signed on the back of my demerit tickets. Then he started to clown around, sticking one of them to his forehead. So the powder from his face rubbed off onto the paper.

Amanda's going to carefully preserve the powder which stuck onto it.

Ann, Gwen, Amanda and I went for the autograph session later because Amanda wanted to shake his hand and Ann and Gwen wanted autographs. I wonder if this is what Stepahnie does? How do you put up breathing in the recycled air? Nearly died. I know why so many people collapse while waiting for Westlife now. And I thought it was because of Shane or something.

I think we should've bought him a gift. Then we'd have an excuse to go right up to him. Suggested flowers from the landscape garden but I guess they're all wilted. Amanda was thinking of giving him one of the flags put up around school.

While in the queue, Amanda begged Abigail for foolscap paper for autographs and at the same time, proclaimed her undying devotion to Ping Hui.

Amanda: "I LOVE TAY PING HUI! MY HEART POUNDS ONLY FOR HIM! ...NOW GIVE ME SOME FOOLSCAP PAPER!!

In the end they left before we could even get to them. So we staked out the Mediacorp van along with about...50 other people?

It must be fun being Tay Ping Hui. He gets a gross surplus of attention. He just sat there in the van and smirked while 50 schoolgirls crowded outside screaming. Then he made kissy faces against the window and drew hearts with his fingers. Gwen, Ann and I got a little grossed out and left.

Amanda: OMG! HE'S SO HANDSOME! *Mrs Heng walks by and gives Amanda a weird look* Oops...I'm sorry.
Mrs Heng: *arches eyebrows. Whips out a Tay-Ping-Hui autographed 'Sing Singapore' CD from behind her back and waves it at us
All of us: *scream* AHHHHHH!!!! *runs after her*

Tay Ping Hui does funny things do teenage girls.

*later*
Gwen: Why did we scream arh?
Me: I don't know.
Gwen: I just felt like screaming suddenly.
Me: Wonder why.

This entry is getting very Ping Hui-ish.

Anyways.

Happy Birthday Pea!!

..And Ms Dorai! [this is in advance]

And some crow ate my potatoes while I went away to buy drinks during recess. *mutters*
I can't believe I forgot to thank the sec 2 girls who very kindly informed me that my curry chicken had been attacked by that feathery git. Argh. Where are my manners.
sec 2 girls: Excuse me the crow ate your food.
Me: ...HARH?
Sec 2 girls: The crow ate your food.
Me: *curses crow*...ARGH! *rolls eyes and walks away to buy another bowl of curry chicken*

*cringe* I embarass myself sometimes.

I don't think they'll read this but sorry and thank you anyway. =D

|