Saturday, July 26, 2003

Speech Day today. Dad drove me into school.

Ever since sec 2, when he first saw them, he's had this fascination with the NPCC cadets who stand at the roadside to direct the traffic.

Dad: Waaaah! The traffic cops are here again! Hahahah do they really just stand there the whole day waving their hands at cars?
Me: Eh...maybe.
Dad: Hello!!! *waves furiously back at them*
NP cadet: *stare. blink. waves hands somemore*
Me: Ahhh I think you can drop me here
Dad: Why? We're not at the foyer yet?
Me: No no no its ok. I want to walk
"AM I EMBARRASSING YOU???"

Then he started to cackle :|
I think I still haven't recovered from that incident last year involving the Australian cyclists who were taking up half the road. He got pissed, wound down the window to yell something at them and gave them the finger. Then he started to cackle again.

Dad: *cackle* Oh sorry. Did I embarrass you? *Australian cyclists yell something back*
...

Speech Day was 2 whole hours. *groan*

Concluded that half the Crescent population migrates to NJC after O's whilst the other half goes to SAJC. People who fall in the middle go to ACJC or VJC but they're a minority.
Think only one pathetic soul made it to RJC...but then I could've seen wrongly. All the dark blue blazers look the same to me.

Oh. And according to Gwen and Pea, someone tried to act smart again.

xxx: *the seniors go up on stage to receive awards* no NO NO, that ISN'T SAJC! I've seen SO MANY SAJC people...and SHE doesn't look like ONE! SAJC is the RED blazer! I should KNOW! *natters on*

And in the end....it was SAJC so she went all silent.
....hm. Typical.

Some smartass senior topped the level in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Amaths! :O:O She went to Hwa Chong! :O:O:O [That is so typical again!]

Prize presentation stretched for 1.5 hours this time. *argh* I think it was because of all the speeches and everything.

Pea has a nickname for every teacher. First it was 'Ting with a Thong'. Now there's "Eager Beaver" for ChanWMing ["because she always butts in even though she's not even needed!"]. Kept on laughing after that.

Mrs Gek brought a weighing scale into class because apparently Elaine refused to go down to take her weight.

Mrs Gek *dragging the weighing scale in*
Anjali: *slips out of class*
Mrs Gek: Come and take weight!
Elaine: *lurking at back of class* Nooo...don't want!
Mrs Gek: *jabs at weighing scale!* Now!
Elaine: NO NO NO! >.<

Hah Elaine, you're cute sometimes.

So in the end Mrs Gek took her own weight :| I think she has very light bones for a teacher.

Lesson learnt: 111 doesn't go to Suntec till tomorrow.

Pea got moody after Gwen and I started talking about JCs and studying. Wandered into Tower Records. Browsed through the July issue of FHM. Hah. I think we're totally deprieved. The Mobile next to our school wraps up all copies of FHM and sticks the barcode over appropriate areas.
Got quite engrossed.
Then some guys came along so we went to the Gardening section. Tried to figure out who Shone is. They all look the same, Steph :P

Time for an applepie.

|