Thursday, September 25, 2003

I'd really like Cafe 211 if only I could afford stuff other than the Beverages and desserts.

Went there yesterday to celebrate the premature end of our prelims and [more importantly] to drown our sorrows over the disastrous Bio practical ["Those darn potatos..." ~ Zealyn, muttering while washing up] They gave us potato strips and told us to put them in sucrose solutions of different concentrations and measure the change in length after a period of time. Typical osmosis question - easy huh? Only it wasn't, because there was hardly any appreciable change in the stupid potatoes [an increase of 1mm doesn't really help in plotting the graph either] and I hadn't even measured the strips properly to begin with, so I ended up faking all my values. And a graph hardly is a graph if its practically a straight line is it??

So back to Cafe 211. Went there for lunch/dessert then did Maths afterwards because we felt guilty. Anjali got stuck on a number pattern which came out in one of our past year prelim papers. So we called over one of the waiters to ask him to help solve the problem only he didn't know either [Waiter: "My maths is very VERY bad!"] so the nth term of the number pattern 0, 1, 2, 4, 8 remains unsolved.

Had Emaths today. Better than sciences I guess. Later on, spent 6 hours in that boring, seriously overpriced place called Holland V [again!] gorging ourselves. And we couldn't even go to Orchard or somewhere more interesting mainly because of the weather [it rained for 6 hours] and we didn't want to drown again. Nearly died while we were in that mall walking around for the 10th time - we really do need a new hangout.

And. Delifrance is evil. I'm never going to go there again. I mean it this time. Never.
$5.80 for a slice of quiche and an eclair is ridiculous if I can get a plate of chicken rice for $3.50 at the food court next door with soup. And the chicken is better than their spinach and salmon quiche!

Oh and E. Seah's arranged some work-stimulation thingee...we're supposed to come in work clothes on Monday and go for talks and learn what career would suit us best. And then we learn how to use forks and knives and spoons properly while eating [which is all well, but I still can't handle chopsticks when eating fishballs so what's the point?] She wanted to arrange for makeup courses but apparently Shiseido wasn't so free to go around handing out lipstick so that's canned.

Going with Anjali, Pea and the rest to look for the work clothes this Saturday. I don't think denim is acceptable. High-heeled sandals are formal enough right? I'd rather die than ressurrect my courtshoes from the closet. But E.S's scared me after her threat today.

ES: "I've managed to come up with a package which only costs 24 dollars, and the school is subsidizing..so if I find that you don't observe any...decorum on monday...if you're not wearing proper work clothes I won't hesitate to make you change into the crumpled school uniform in the General Office."

Right.

Gwen just wants to wear the school uniform on Monday. She went off to Queensway to buy a new uniform after Holland.

Gwen: "Didn't you hear her? She said if we're not wearing clothes she'll make us change into school u. So I might as well just wear school u and save all the trouble right?"

Apparently her dad threw her uniform in the washing machine and it just...disappeared after that :| Curious.

Oops. I just realized that my toenails still have nail polish on...so if I wear the open-toed sandals they'll show right?? Will pink toenails violate the "decorum"??? I mean, no one actually notices toenails right?? But then again they might...

Ah damn.

|