Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I think I'm supposed to go receive some prize this Saturday for the Grandfather essay Rupa asked me to send in. Got the invitation for my family just today from Dorai after Bio.

But my dad's flying off to Yangon this Sat. And my brother will never go for something like this. My mum's quite disappointed there's no free lunch provided. And I don't feel like listening to 1 hour of speeches before the prize ceremony and then another hour of some forum where we discuss the "Generation Gap" and Singapore's ageing population [it is organized by the Retired & Senior Volunteer Programme of Singapore after all] :|

To go or not to go. Hm. Need to RSVP by tonight.

Ah well. Just want the prize. I think its some voucher from Optics. And I desparately need new glasses before my degree shoots up again. [Or actually, I suspect it already has..] And my mum will kick up a fuss if she has to fork out more money for specs :
Anyway.

Bio was Bad.

They gave a family tree where the family members have some weird inherited disease then there was a mistake in the tree: a boy inherited the disease even though neither of his parents were affected. And they asked why such a mistake could've occured. And I wanted to write that the kid was adopted but then I changed my mind and wrote some crap about how he was mutated. Think Gwen wanted to write that the mother had an affair with a man who had the disease.

I mean, they can't exactly say that's wrong right? Right?

Guess I should've just written the model answer. Like, they mixed up the children or something.

And plants will always be undergoing transpiration and assorted insects will always be respiring in jars in Section A of Bio paper.

Hopefully the MCQ section will be fine.

Chem tomorrow. Need to study but I feel a big headache coming up already.

|