Saturday, October 04, 2003

They gave back a few papers yesterday. Not so much the checking of marks but more of going through answers and "see where you've gone wrong" stuff. And as always, its a "see how much more harder you have to work" kinda thing too.

What's frustrating is that they don't only return the papers in drips and draps, they return it part by part. So we know Biology Paper 1 marks but not Paper 2 and so on. To date, we have Biology and Chemistry MCQ marks and English comprehension. They went through Chem and Bio paper 2 answers but didn't return them, but we can get a rough gauge of how we did. So far the papers gotten back have been ok. Well, better than what I'd expected anyway.

ESeah, as usual, is all doom and gloom. She went through Chem paper 2 which was bad as expected, and she still had to go say stuff like: "For the give questions, you did not give. For the thinking questions, you did not think....and this entire paper shows that you do not think at all." Phrases like "to my utter horror", "absolutely devastated", "Zero marks out of five" and "couldn't mark the whole night" appeared a fair bit so I think I can safely say now that Chem Paper 2 was a disaster of great magnitude. Then she went through practicals which was very very very painful.

Hah. English. Gave back compre but not compo because, Janet Lee claims, "its for your own good" and gives us this meaningful look.

They're driving me mad! Was the essay section lousy or what?? Are they just trying to scare us?? Most importantly, do they moderate for English??? What happens if you get like, 74.9/69.9/64.9 for a paper???

...I just asked Alison whether they round up decimals.

Alison: DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I should stop being so paranoid.

Lots of prelim papers to practice with now. I wish I'd been in Chung Cheng for the Maths paper.

Doing Amaths until 6pm everyday! Gek's mad!

And Alison got 7 points!!! I'm envious!

|