Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I'm going to brace myself. Still can't find my Honour Card [it was due a week ago] and just about 5 people stayed behind for the NE quiz today. Dorai is most definitely going to blow her top tomorrow.

She wasn't in the best of moods this morning. She came in after assembly and started yelling because our class "stank". Then she barred us from switching on the aircon for the whole day, so we had to do the school survey with the windows open in 36 degrees. Then she threw this box at us and asked us to "clear it" before screaming somemore, only I didn't hear some of it because I was emptying the box outside trying to stall so I wouldn't have to go back to class. Then she made some sarcastic remark to Pea ["SEC 4 ALREADY AND YOU CAN'T PHRASE A QUESTION PROPERLY!"] cause she couldn't hear what Sylvia was saying to her. Naturally that didn't go down well with Pea, who treated us with a huge eyeroll after she turned her back on Dorai and then started muttering and cursing all the way down the stairs later when we went for the JC talks.

Pea: "DAM I HATE her...@#$#^$*!...wanna beat her till she dies...she stinks...its always her....@#@&#%!#...can't she just....DIE....

Then later after school, we were supposed to stay back for some NE quiz (Dorai said stuff about how you have to take it or else you can't graduate) But then there was some mix up; we thought another class was supposed to go for it instead [only we didn't know there was a swap] and since we all would rather believe an external source than Dorai, everyone went home after school without clarifying.

So Syaz and company had just left the classroom at around 2, and Anj, Gwen and I were just about to follow when we decided to go close the windows. Then we heard Dorai's voice booming down the hallway...

Dorai: *roaring* "WHAT DID I SAY THIS MORNING?!!!!! NE QUIZ, 1.45PM AT BLOCK G IN THE CLASSROOM!....WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY WENT HOME!!!!!!...WHAT TEACHER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ...YOU DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF A TEACHER IN THIS SCHOOL? WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME????!!!.....GO NOW!!!!!!!"

She caught poor Syaz and the rest down the corridor. It was kinda freaky. The 3 of us were in the dark classroom and just froze when we heard Dorai. Then Gwen suddenly dashed out by the backdoor and ran off before Dorai could see her. Wanted to follow so I violently shut all the remaining windows and made my way [with much difficulty] through the maze of desks to the door across the room. Fortunatley, she left a little while later and we were spared her wrath. Never stand near an angry woman. Especially if she tends to shower in her perfume. Left after that because couldn't persuade my mum to wait for a few minutes while I did that stupid quiz...Dorai'll have my blood tomorrow.

Anyway.

SAJC, NJC, HCJC and NP came to visit today. ACJC will come on Thursday. HCJC is a very good college. NJC, I think, still seems rather dead. And. Its 9 points to get into the science stream for SAJC. And here I was thinking it was 14. Oops.

|