Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Lessons on being a tourguide-cum-usher today. The open house is this saturday and I just found out today that we're going with Option B meaning that Sec 4s will still have to memorize the entire script. And we'll be leading the parents around individually without our old partners. :| Need to find my script soon!

*cue to smile*

Welcome to our library! It is newly renovated with cascading display shelves! *wave hands vaguely in the air*

The ground level is reserved for print and non-print materials while the mezzanine level is for computers! *gesture above*

Cosily tucked underneath the wide staircase is our video corner! Students can listen to music for leisure or watch movies! *sweep hands*

We even have a coffee corner for students and teachers to relax! *throw hands toward back of library

[Mrs Goh: ...But we have no coffee grinder!]

Please feel free to look around! *retrieve hands*


They recycled the script from the PS21 event. Guess the library is going to stay with me for a very very long time because that was the one she made me do over and over again ["SMILE MORE JEANNE!! I BEG YOU!"] . I think, mostly, the library stop will just involve lots of forced grinning and arm flinging. The whole Vanna White thing.

Sec 4s slipped out halfway through the practice session on the pretext that we had a Bio Mock test in class. More a matter of making a quick escape before Ms D. could pounce on us really. I think she kinda scared the sec 2s off with the whole Gestapo act.

Junior *reading from script* "We are proud that this condominium feature of our school....
Dorai: *face buried in hand. suddenly cuts in* LADIES I WANT MORE ENTHUSIASM AND EXCITEMENT BUT I'M NOT GETTING IT CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SOUND PROUD OF THE SCHOOL TRY THAT SENTENCE AGAIN
Junior...We are proud-
Dorai: MORE LIFE LA PLEASE SMILE MORE YOU HAVE SUCH A PRETTY FACE ALREADY

She was still yelling at them to look more "happy" and "excited" when we left. The Stupid portable mic was squealing away like mad. And I think she's going to force me to wear it on Saturday when I lead the brat pack around the school *hm* Apparently I'm soft. And I need to smile more; AAL says I look angry all the time.

Orals yesterday. Just our luck to get two old and dead examiners one of whom started sleeping halfway through the reading.

Then told them about the girl who broke her spine and got paralyzed after a practical joke and he woke up after that.

And the woman on the right gave me some patronizing smile during the picture :\

Picture convo. *groan*

Anyway.

Tourguide practice tomorrow. Happy smiles all.


|