Monday, August 11, 2003

QUOTE of the day: *my dad in the kitchen stirring the beef stew* God made cows...and it was good. Michael made stew..and it was better!

Never diss my brother's school in front of him.

Spent last night being Ian's secretary and Matt's mouthpiece as the both of them sparred over MSN.

Matt: ASK HIM why his school people wear tight, white pants.

Ian: *thinks* TELL HIM...*pauses*... that it was the. will. of. God. *satisfied with his powers of improvisation*
Me: Since when did you become so holy?
Ian: I always have been.
Me: Then how come you aren't going for your Legion of Mary for 7 months?
Ian: *loudly* And TELL HIM ......that my school has a 150 years of history and heritage...no, no! 151! And that the guy who founded our school is the patron saint of ....*rattles off school propaganda* Hah. Beat that.

Matt: ASK HIM if he knows about his school people being effeminate.

Ian: Hah. QUOTE TO HIM this line from Merchant of Venice...*digs out his literature textbook* "I am a Jew. Hath not Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Me: Eh. What does that have to do with anything?

Ian: *very patiently* The point is...that Victorians shouldn't call Josephians effeminate because we bleed too like them.

Me: ..I think you're just trying to show off what you learn in Lit right?

Ian: *growls* TYPE IT OUT. NOW.

So started testing him on the Merchant of Venice [his lit text] in a bid to quieten him down.

Me: How is the theme of materialism portrayed in the book?
Ian: *pause* AH!! I have a quote for that! *flips furiously* Ahem...Shylock says here, "I'll give thee a ducat!" *smugsmug*
Me: But that doesn't show anything. Its just a quote...and its a pathetic one.
Ian: *not listening* Oh do you want a quote for the theme of Mercy? *starts reading out a huge chunk of text as I continue to play daidee*...There, did you understand that?
Me: But you're not explaining anything. Don't you have an opinion?
Ian: *deadpans* The text's opinions are my opinions. Oh and here's a quote for racism: "I am a Jew. Hath not Jew eyes? ....If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die.....?"
Me: ...I think that's enough.
Ian: NO! I've got more quotes! Here's another one on mercy...

Had to lock him out of my room after that :
Ian: *hollering* I HAVE THE KEY! ...*tries all the keys in the key ring but can't find the right one* Damn....*loudly* Ah I'm gonna watch Mission Impossible now...but I'll be back!

At last. A chance to play Daidee in peace.

I never knew the song Jeannie's Diary could be such a useful tool in psychoanalyzing people :|

Went to church today.

My dad stepped out of the house and saw this wicker basket/baby cradle thingee at our doorstep [Someone abandoned it there] and went "WHERE'S BABY MOSES?!"

:
Must remember to bring Toffees for Gwen and the Koala bear for Sylvia tomorrow. [Gifts from Stephanie] Thanks for the net top Steph!

|