Sunday, October 19, 2003

Note to self: Never eat at Holland V's NYDC again.

Think there was something in air...maybe it was paint. Our eyes started to sting so Gwen and I spent the entire meal rubbing and blinking. Then I developed rashes after eating the food. Hm. I never knew I was allergic to those mushrooms.

Went for the ACJC open house with Gwen, Clarissa and Anjali. Felt compelled to do so after I mentioned to Gwen I was considering NJ and she looked at me as if I'd gone mad and went: "Do you like hanging around in graveyards or something?"

We were supposed to meet at 9....but we were all late so we only actually entered the college at 10. Met up with Sherry, XQ, Tongwei, Wushan, Leemei, Yanming, Shraddha Patil and a few others later so we kinda moved around in this big Crescent bloc. Was pretty fun.

*in subject counselling room*
ACJC guy: *coming over* Geography rocks!
Gwen: ...
ACJC guy: *persists* Geography rocks!
Me: Ah.
ACJC guy: No! Geography rocks! *hands us pebbles with the word 'Geography' written across in glitter*
All: Orrrrhh...

I later found out they'd deposited all their 'Geography rocks' in Tongwei's bag without her knowing.

Gwen: *to TW* You should take History! Its fun!
Tongwei: Geography!
Me: You see this Geography rock? Its also known as a stone. Do you know what that implies?
Gwen: You'll just stone around if you take Geography! And you'll become a stone yourself! So don't take Geog!
Tongwei: *strange look on her face*...Do you two happen to know Shraddha Patil?
Me: Yar why?
Tongwei: ...You share the same...weird sense of humour.
Gwen: Hahahahaha that's not true. We don't go around doing Shraddha's favourite joke.
Tongwei: What joke?
Me: *stretch hand across Tongwei's back and tap her on her right shoulder*
Tongwei: *whips around* Eh! Who tapped me??
Gwen: *to me* You missed out the 'Shraddha laugh'.
Both: Heeheehee!

That was in the middle of the canteen. I think the people in the other table thought we were insane.

The gym's huge! XQ, Sherry and Gwen started doing standing broad jump there.

Saw a few ex-classmates from IJ too! I have better memory than I thought.

Voice: Jeanne! *sees a girl coming toward me waving*
Me: *blank*
Voice: Jeanne!!
Me: *comes to life* Ah!...........*searches around for a name hoping its correct* Michelle!
Michelle: *waves frantically* Hello!!
Me: *waves back relieved I've gotten her name right* Hello!! What school are you in now?
Michelle: Oh! Nanyang!
Me: Oh! I never knew that!
Sherry: *pops out from behind me*
Michelle: *gasp and points excitedly* Sherry Tan!! Hello!
Sherry: *slightly bemused* Oh...eh...Hello.

*later after Michelle's gone*

Me: *to sherry* .....Was she in our Primary 5 and 6 class?
Sherry: ....I dunno.
Me: oohh...*pause* Hey. Were you in my primary 5 and 6 class?
Sherry: *stares* ....I dunno....
Me: ...Who was your form teacher then?
Sherry: *stares somemore*....I dunno....

[I went home to check. Michelle was in my Primary 3 and 4 class o.O ...And so were you Sherry! You were laughing in the 3rd row! =D]

Anjali had the misfortune of meeting someone from her primary school whose ego seems to have inflated over 4 years.

Girl: Oh. Hello. *sizes her up* You're in Crescent now aren't you? Hm. Crescent people can make it to ACJC meh?
Anjali: ....Yaar.
Girl: Oh. Well. I got 7 points for my prelims you know...
Anjali: Oh. Congrats. I got 6. *walks away*

Then she started telling everyone from Crescent about that girl, and we all trooped off to look for her.

Sherry and XQ are dangerous. They were more keen on the idea of revenge than Anjali herself.

XQ: I shall stalk her!
Sherry: I shall dunk her in the pool!
XQ: Throw water bombs from the badminton booth at her!
Sherry: Pick her up and throw her into the longkang!
XQ: Throw our Geography rocks at her!

Found Anjali's old friend hanging around the track later. XQ and Sherry were so disappointed that they couldn't have gotten her at the pool. So they sicced Tongwei and Gwen onto her.

*walking past the girl*
Tongwei: *loudly* Oh Gwen did you hear? Anjali got a perfect score for her prelims!
Gwen: Yar! And I heard this girl tried to brag to her about her own 7 points!
Tongwei: That's so shameless!
Gwen: *louder still* But I think the most shameless thing is to boast to someone and then fail terribly cause there's absolutely nothing to boost about because that person has done better than you in every respect! *girl starts to stare* That's so pathetic!

They went on for a bit. Think that girl heard because she got this mutinous look on her face and started whispering furiously to her friends. Then I realized that one of those friends was also someone else formerly from IJ. Hey. Small world.

Left AC around 3. But not before Sherry and Tongwei had a race around the track. Tongwei fell with such force that her nametag flew from her pocket and landed a meter away on the track. Started laughing somemore and the AC tennis people started giving us strange looks. Then we went to go look at the pool before leaving.

XQ: *rather forlornly* We could've really knocked her into the pool...and the lifeguard mightn't even have noticed.

|